British newspapers the Sun and the Daily Mail have identified the tourist killed at the Summer Island Village resort earlier this week as 34 year old Stuart Chance from Lincolnshire.
Mr Chance is reported to have travelled to the Maldives with his parents, who are regular visitors to the resort in Male’ Atoll. He is said to have drowned whilst snorkelling on Tuesday (August 20).
The Foreign Office is reportedly looking into Mr Chance’s death, though local police reportedly told Mr Chance’s family that his death was being treated as an accident.
Snorkelling incidents are the most common cause of tourist fatalities in the Maldives.
One thought on “British media identify tourist drowned off Summer Island”
"his death was being treated as an accident." !!!!! Alarming!!!!!
Comments are closed.