Fire outbreak in workshop next to EC president’s house

Local media has reported that last night there was a fire outbreak in a workshop next to Elections Commission (EC) president Fuwad Thowfeek’s house.

According to the media the incident occurred last night at about 10:30pm.

Owner of the workshop has told newspaper Sun Online that the incident occurred when someone threw ashes down on the workshop roof causing a tire to catch fire.

According to the newspapers the fire was controlled quickly before it could spread.