Malé school resumes classes after ‘toxic’ shutdown

A Malé school, shut down last week due to toxic fumes, has resumed classes on Sunday.

A teacher at the Kalafaanu School told Minivan News they had been told the fumes are not harmful despite the unpleasant smell.

The school was shut down after several students complained of dizziness, headaches and nausea.

The fumes are believed to originate from Malé’s power house which is located just a block away from the school.

“The education ministry officials have compiled a report on the issue, however, we have not officially received it,” said Abdul Fahthaah.

The education ministry had said it would make public a report into the source of toxic fumes by last Saturday.

 

Likes(0)Dislikes(1)