Fihaalhohi staff died of electric shock: ADK

ADK Hospital has revealed that the employee of Kaafu Fihaalhohi Island Resort found dead in the bathroom died of electric shock, reports Sun Online.

ADK Managing Director Ahmed Affal said that the youth was dead on arrival at the hospital at 10pm last night and had no visible injuries.

While a post-mortem has not been conducted, said Affal, the doctor who examined the body believes the cause of death to be an electric shock. According to the resort, the deceased, Mohamed Niyaz, 25, of Seenu Hithadhoo, was discovered in the bathroom by his roommate.


Attackers burn sleeping woman with electric wires

A sleeping woman was badly burned after a group of men broke into her house at night and tied live wires to her feet.

Police said the group entered her house in Laamu atoll on Wednesday night and tied the wires to her toes, then connected it with mains electricity.

Sub-Inspector Ahmed Shiyam said the 35 year old woman suffered cuts and burns to her legs.

”They used electric wires and live electricity to create the shock,” he said.

Person in-charge of Laamu Gan Regional Hospital, Ali Faisal, said the shock had badly burned the toes on the woman’s left foot. He added that she had now been discharged.

Haveeru reported that the woman was still unable to walk.

Police are investigating the case but no arrests have been made so far.